Now as for what is contained in your Book of Shadows. Since it is your Book, you are the judge of what is entered into it. Here are some suggestions:
- Your Beliefs. If you choose to follow a particular Tradition, you may wish to include their Laws and Ethics. If however, you are like me and prefer to choose certain aspects among the many Paths to create your own, then you might want to write down which Beliefs apply to your personal Path.
- A Journal. It can include your thoughts and learnings. You may also wish to include a Dream Journal whereby you record and analyze your dreams.
- A Calendar that follows the Moon Phases. You may also wish to include the astrological signs the Moon is in each day.
- The Sabbats. You may wish to include details of each Holiday and their corresponding dates, as well as your own thoughts on the meanings of these Holidays.
- Magickal Correspondences. This could include lists of Herbs, Colors, Gems, and their significance. I included a list of Dieties and Definitions along with the other items I mentioned.
- Herbal and Healing Lore. You will find that along your Path, you will come across many useful messages about Herbal usage and Healing methods. You may also create some powerful ones yourself that would be important to put down in writing.
- Spells and Rituals. Keep Spells that are useful for you or that may be useful in the future as well as Rituals that are important to you and your path.
- Incantations. Write down ones that you create and ones that you use and prove helpful to your Magick.
- Poems and Chants. These can be ones you have written and ones you find that are meaningful to you.
Remember there is no definitive Book of Shadows for Witches. This is your own personal Book of Shadows, suited specifically towards your Path.